About the position: Head of Finance
We are looking for a talented and seasoned Head of Finance to help SIMIS to move to the next level and reach its ambition of excellence in the field of Life Sciences
SIMIS is the Real Estate Company within the NMS Group which manages the Bio-Park in Nerviano (MI) – Italy.
SIMIS is a service organization which provides shared facilities, resources and services to International Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, CROs and CDMOs organizations located on the Site.
Responsibilities and main activities:
CONTROLLING and FINANCING
– Accountable for all cash management, financial investments, insurance and financial reporting, helping to drive the company’s financial strategy.
– Assist the CEO in the relationship with banks, Private equity, VC or potential partners for all relevant matters.
– Assist (with high-level decisions) about policy and strategy acting as strategic business partner to Executive Leadership Team.
– Coordinate the development of Business Plan, the annual budget and reporting for the Company
– Accountable for Company annual financial statements also supervising the preparation of the reporting package.
– Ensure for relations with shareholders (direct and indirect), Statutory Auditors External auditors and advisor, CEO, and Executive Leadership Team in relation to financial statements, taxation, financial management, risks and opportunities. Oversee the company’s fiscal activity and auditing also with the selection of consultants and auditors.
– Accountable to meet state and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance and taking actions.
– Coordinates and manages relations with Ministries related to the business (MUR, MISE, MEF), local and national trade associations, banks, insurance company, Tax Agencies and tax authorities (Ufficio delle Dogane, Guardia di Finanza).
– Accountable for the Procurement Department, optimizing organization with a strong focus on the business activities, carrying out business intelligence, identifying the needs of the organization, participate in negotiation for the big tender and monitoring framework agreements with the target of value creation.
– Contribute to monitor suppliers and procurement performance drawing up specifications, defining Key Performance Indicators, overseeing overall procurement timing, costs and budgets, regular reporting.
Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization.
Responsible for the implementation of policies, procedures and processes related to Administration, Finance, Business, Control and Procurement Department.
Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting, fiscal and procurement and logistic staff as required.
Requirements and skills:
– Bachelor’s degree in economics
– 10+ years’ experience in Finance, with at least 5 years of experience as Finance Manager
– Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
– Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
– Experience with corporate governance
– Proven negotiation skills
– Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow
– Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions
– Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
– Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
– Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate accordingly
– Excellent soft skills in addition to hard skills
– Able to work on the Site for at least 4 days per week
– Italian bilingual
– English fluent
– Nice to have: Experience working for an international company in the Life Sciences space.
Invia la tua Candidatura – Submit your candidacy application: